RENTER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
- TRAVEL INSURANCE – Travel insurance is optional. Once in force, travel insurance is not refundable after 10 days of acceptance (If you are still within 10 days of acceptance, but have already left on your trip or filed a claim, at that time, insurance is also not refundable). Travel insurance cannot be added within 30 days of the reservation arrival date. Renter’s decision with respect to the purchase of travel insurance will affect Renter’s rights in the event of a mandatory evacuation. Specific questions should be directed to the insurance company. Generali Global Assistance – 866-999-4018. Renter understands that if travel insurance is not indicated in the booking charges, renter may contact Jekyll Realty’s office to have it added if so desired.
- SAFELY DAMAGE FEE – As part of our effort to help you relax and enjoy your stay, we have partnered with Safely.com to provide you with the below protection. The cost of this protection has been included in your rental total and fees and covers you for accidental damages during your stay. The SafelyStay, Inc. Trust and Safety Fee includes up to $3,000 of accidental coverage for property and contents damage. Complete terms regarding the Trust and Safety coverage can be found at safely.com/jekyllislandpropertysales. The Trust and Safety Fee is refundable only if the reservation is canceled in writing at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the arrival date. Coverage excludes stays over 27 nights.
- MINIMUM AGE – Renter must be at least 23 years of age. Guests under the minimum age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- RENTAL DEPOSIT, BALANCE DUE, CANCELLATION & REFUSAL – Initial Deposit is due within ten (10) days of making tentative reservation, unless otherwise stated on the Reservation Confirmation Deposit Schedule. Balance is due thirty (30) days prior to check-in date, unless otherwise stated on the Reservation Confirmation Deposit Schedule. Deposits held will be applied to the total rent. In the event of cancellation or refusal by Renter less than 90 days prior to arrival date, the deposit will only be refunded when the unit has been re-rented for the same time period. Any refunds based upon Renter cancellations are made less a $50 cancellation service charge. Rental deposits will be placed in an interest bearing Trust account in a state institution qualified to engage in the banking and trust business, separate from Agent’s personal account, and the Agent is entitled to the interest earned on such deposits to cover administrative expenses. Fees and taxes are subject to change.
- CHECKING IN – You will be able to check in at our office between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm on the arrival date. Our office is currently located in the Beach Shops just South of the Convention Center. 21 Main Street, Suite #107 at the intersection of Beachview Drive and Main Street. Please call if you are arriving after 5:00 pm to make arrangements for after hours access.
- USE OF THE PREMISES – Renter agrees that the number of guests accommodated by the vacation rental will not be exceeded and that the Premises are not to be used for any party, nor sublet in any manner. In addition, renter agrees that no outside guests will be permitted to use the swimming pool if vacation rental is so equipped. Violation will result in eviction without refund. Renter understands that various service providers may require access during renter’s stay, including, but not limited to exterminator, and service repair personnel.
- THE PREMISES – Renter acknowledges that the premises were built prior to 1978 and that construction materials may (or may not) have been used at that time that are no longer permitted by local or national code. Those materials include, but are not limited to: lead-based paint, asbestos tile flooring and/or adhesive. Neither the Listing Broker nor the homeowner have inspected the cottage for these materials and are unaware if any are present.
- CHECKING OUT – Renter agrees to vacate the Premises not later than 10:00 am on the departure day. Failure to vacate by 10:00 am will result in additional fees. Renter agrees to leave the cottage “broom clean” with dishes cleaned and trash bagged and placed in the outdoor garbage can. If bedding becomes soiled during Renter’s stay, Renter agrees to launder same.
- LINENS – Certain properties provide linens and towels. Unless stated, arrangements for linens, etc. should be made at least 2 weeks prior to arrival, see separate Cottage Linen Order Form.
- PET POLICY – STRICTLY ENFORCED, VIOLATORS WILL VACATE THE PREMISES WITHOUT REFUND
*UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE PETS PERMITTED IN ANY ACCOMMODATION WITHOUT AGENT’S PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION AND RENTER’S PREPAYMENT OF A NON-REFUNDABLE $150 PET FEE. PETS ARE FORBIDDEN AT ALL TIMES IN HOUSES SO DESIGNATED.
- SMOKING POLICY – STRICTLY ENFORCED
* SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED IN ANY JEKYLL REALTY VACATION RENTAL. VIOLATORS WILL INCUR A MINIMUM FEE OF $250.
- TELEPHONE CHARGES – Long Distance charges should not be made to the house telephone. If any charges occur during Renter’s occupancy, Renter agrees to pay for any calls plus a $5.00 service charge. VILLAS-BY-THE-SEA Renters are charged a $.50 per local call charge and agree to pay these charges at the Villas front desk prior to their departure.
- ALTERNATIVE ACCOMMODATIONS – Jekyll Realty reserves the right to provide alternative accommodations or to refund Renter’s deposit if for any reason this specific unit becomes unfit or otherwise unavailable for rental.
- INDEMNIFICATION – Renter will indemnify and save harmless the individual homeowners, Jekyll Realty and its employees and contractors, for any liability or loss arising from, or related to the rental of these premises including but not limited to claims for damage or loss of personal property or for personal injury.
- TRASH – Jekyll Realty vacation rentals are equipped with an adequate number of trash barrels for the number of guests accommodated. Renters that leave more trash at the house than will reasonably fit IN the outdoor barrels provided will incur additional charges. We encourage recycling.
- BREAKAGE & MOVED FURNITURE – Renter agrees to report any breakage or damage, including carpet or furniture stains, that occur during Renter’s occupancy of the cottage as soon as is practically possible. All units are carefully checked for damages after guest departure. Unreported damage discovered upon Renter’s check out will be invoiced and include a minimum $50.00 service charge. Furniture moved from one room to another shall be regarded as unreported damage.
- APPLIANCES & EQUIPMENT – Jekyll Realty cannot guarantee the operation of the appliances and equipment in the cottage. Any malfunction will be repaired as soon as possible. No refunds will be made for appliance or equipment failures.
- CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS – Renter authorizes Jekyll Realty to charge the initial deposit, balances, and any damages or charges incurred, to the credit card provided strictly for the purpose of the Cottage Rental in this agreement.
- CONTRACT – This contract constitutes an agreement between Renter and Jekyll Realty, as Agent, to rent the premises described. Renter’s failure to abide by the terms herein may result in additional charges and/or eviction.
Beds have mattress pads, spreads, pillows and blankets. You will need to bring or rent sheets, pillowcases and towels if your unit does not specify LINENS PROVIDED. We do not leave disposables in the properties. Please see the list below for items you may want to bring. The kitchen will be equipped to cook and serve meals for however many people it accommodates, including a drip-type coffee maker and toaster.
|Sheets and Pillow Cases (if not provided)||Dish Detergent|
|Bath Towels||Bath Soap|
|Paper Products||Aluminum Foil|
|Paper Towels||Garbage Bags|
|Toilet Paper||Coffee Filters|
|Laundry Detergent||Personal Items|
If charcoal grill is present, charcoal is NOT provided. If a gas grill is present, gas is NOT provided.
You, may find some gas left in the tank that you are welcome to use. If no gas is present, you may fill the tank at the Jekyll Island Campground located at the north end of the island.
Phone: (912) 223-0610 or (912) 424-4361